Wet Grip 87%
Road Feedback 77%
Handling 72%
Wear 73%
Comfort 76%
Buy again 72%
Snow Grip 66%
Ice Grip 58%

The Bridgestone Weather Control A005 is a Premium Touring All Season tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Bridgestone has designed the Weather Control A005 to meet the needs of consumers who are looking for year-round convenience and safety - For drivers who want to stay in control, with the same tyres, all year round regardless of sun, rain or occasional snow.

Bridgestone Weather Control A005 is legally compliant 365 days a year thanks to its qualified performance on snow, certified by the 3 Peak Mountain Snow Flake (3PMSF) marking.

The A005 is available in 68 sizes for 15” to 20” rims, it will immediately cover demand for 94% of passenger cars and on-road SUVs, with additional sizes being made available in 2019.

This tyre replaced the Bridgestone A001

Show All

Tyre review data from 28 tyre reviews averaging 74% over 87,200 miles driven.

Latest Group Test Results

2019 All Season Tyre Performance Overview - 1st of 31 tyres

2019 Summer and All Season Tyre Test - 8th of 18 tyres

7 of the best all season tyres for 2018 - 5th of 10 tyres

Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Bridgestone Weather Control A005

Questions and Answers for the Bridgestone Weather Control A005

2018-07-13 - http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Bridgestone/Weather-Control-A005.htm/price/195-45-16 This size seems very expensive. What are they made of - silk and gold?

I would hope so at that price! It might just be that the A005 is a new tyre and they haven't actually got prices for 195/45 R16 yet.

2018-09-21 - I'm buying a new car, it has 205/45r17 tyres. I'll drive for 10k kilometers every year, so I guess the best choices it's a 4 season tyres. I live in Italy and there is always high temps, we go under ten degrees for two months a year more or less. It's a strange tyre configuration..there aren't michelin crossclimate or goodyear 4 season for that size. I found just Nokian weatherproof, this Bridgestone and Vredestein Quatrac 5. Umm. Can you give me an advice? Maybe I can take this 4 wheels for summer and i'll take another 4 for winter, maybe with an higher shoulder of the tire, but I don't know if the shopping will be worth it. Thank you in advance!

Have you seen the latest all season tyre buying guide? This should give you a good indication of what to buy!

2018-11-03 - I've never changed my cars tyres for Winter before, but now have a performance car (leon cupra 300) with uhp summer tyres and have been told I must get them off before the really cold weather to avoid them cracking up. I want the maximum performance possible but a tyre that I can leave on through the winter whether it falls below -10°c or sneaks back up over 10°c. Not bothered about snow/ice performance as I live in south east and always drove through snow/ice before on pilot sports without any trouble lol. My only choice for all weather is these, otherwise it has to be a winter tyre. Michelin alpine 4's also fit but cost loads more. Do you think these Bridgestones are my best option? Thanks

These seem to be a good all season option if dry and wet is your priority, however any siped tyre designed to work in snow is going to reduce the dry handling of a sports car / hot hatch, so don't expect too much from them!

2018-12-18 - I'm curious about the low score for wear - could I ask where this comes from as they've not been around long and the reviews are all low miles. They seem a good alternative to the michelin cross climate+, but not if they wear much quicker.

Looking at the database entries for each review, the wear marks for the A005 seem to be guesses. I'd wait until there's more data or a magazine test which tests wear to make up your mind (or buy a set and let me know!)

2019-05-17 - My question is about the suitability of these all season tyres instead of winter tyres in the south east of the UK. I have two sets of wheels for my car and experience of both summer and winter tyres. Given the UK weather in the south east I typically put winter tyres on for only a a few months (Nov-March) and during that you often get days where the temp is above the circa 7 degrees where winters are best. So would an all season tyre like this one be better for my normal winter conditions which do not involve snow but where you do have lots of rain and cold and frosty days? Also would all season tyres extend the optimum period so that I could use for them for a longer period say start October to end April?

Yes, I believe a wet optimised all season tyre like this or the Michelin CrossClimate can be used as a winter tyre for the mild uk climate. They will still vastly out perform a summer tyre if we see any snow.

2019-10-03 - Hello, just got a Mercedes Marco Polo campervan (RWD) and am interested as to whether an all season tyre like this would give better traction on wet grass / mud? I need 245/45 r19's and this is the only premium option I can find to fit. Currently shod with Pirelli P Zeros. As it’s a campervan, I’m not bothered about dynamic handling, but it doesn’t need to be any Wobblier! Any thoughts?

All season tyres can certainly offer slightly increased mud and grass traction thanks to more edges (sipes) and a chunkier tread pattern.

Ask a question

We will never publish or share your email address

capatha

To verify you're human please type the word you see above in the box below.

Size Price Range  
205/55 R16 £55.84 - £88.87 (19 Prices) Compare Prices >>
225/45 R17 £75.53 - £108.71 (19 Prices) Compare Prices >>
225/45 R18 £119.42 - £145.98 (9 Prices) Compare Prices >>
225/55 R19 £160.00 - £207.96 (9 Prices) Compare Prices >>
245/40 R19 £144.70 - £166.72 (9 Prices) Compare Prices >>
Available in 67 tyre sizes - View all.

Top Bridgestone Weather Control A005 Review

Opel Astra Hatch 1,0T (205/55 R16 H) on mostly town for 0 easy going miles
Brand new All Weather tyres for the upcoming season.
Aprox. 7,3mm tread depth.
They are replacing the OEM Michelin Energy Saver+, an so far the feel more quiet, and a bit softer and giving a more comfortable ride.
They are priced in the same range as the Goodyear, Continental, and Michelin, so we will have to wait and see how long they will last.

102 - tyre reviewed on October 12, 2018   

Latest Bridgestone Weather Control A005 Reviews

Have you driven on the Bridgestone Weather Control A005 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Weather Control A005.

Review Your Tyres >>

Given 100% while driving a Renault Koleos (225/55 R19) on a combination of roads for 1,000 spirited miles
So far I am very pleased with having purchased the Bridgestone weather control A 005 tyres, they are a massive improvement to the comfort of ride, compared to the summer tyres (Goodyear Efficient grip SUV4x4) originally fitted to my vehicle, it was a real bone shaker before and all the family wanted me to get rid of the vehicle.
The tyres are of course softer than a summer tyre and make for an excellent ride and appear to be quieter than the Goodyear summer tyres previously fitted. The tyres have yet to be tried in cold weather below 7 degrees C - snow ice etc.
Being a softer tyre and more of a bulge at the base of the tyre one must take more care when parking against curbstones to avoid damage to the side walls.
1 - tyre reviewed on October 17, 2019   
Given 60% while driving a BMW 330d M Sport (225/45 R17 V) on mostly motorways for 100 spirited miles
My normal ‘go to’ all-season tyre is the Michelin Cross-Climate+, but it wasn’t available in either my 18” summer wheel or 17” winter wheel sizes. Had a look around and the only options available in premium tyres were the Goodyear Vector 4 Season Gen 2, or these Bridgestones.

Reviews were favourable for both, with the Goodyears being better in the snow and the Bridgestones being better in the wet. As most of my driving will be cold & wet, the snow score was only useful for emergencies, so I went for the much cheaper Bridgestones.

Only had them on for 1000 miles, but I’ve stopped about every hundred to check the wheels are tightened up properly, and tyres have been fitted correctly, as the car bobs about all over the place on even smaller rut or road imperfection, and tramlines along motorway/dual carriageway ruts.

I guess this was never spotted on the tests as they tend to be done on circuits, but it’s a huge omission for a normal use road tyre.

I hope these wear in a bit and get better, otherwise I’m putting the summer tyres back on (cheap Maxxis UHPs which weigh a ton, but don’t tramline).
0 - tyre reviewed on October 8, 2019   
Are you trying to decide what type of tyre is best for your own winter motoring? Watch this video!
Given 44% while driving a Mercedes Benz Brabus Tuned (250/35 R18) on mostly motorways for 10,000 spirited miles
Fitted these to my C350 Brabus D6. They are terrifying on a higher powered car, granted 700nm takes some containing for any tyre but these are scarily easy to break away with very little effort in the dry or wet.

I cannot recommend them, they will be gone very soon.
1 - tyre reviewed on September 25, 2019   
Given 67% while driving a Volkswagen Golf 7 TDI (225/45 R17 V) on a combination of roads for 2,000 average miles
Bought these to replace worn out Davanti DX640's and I have to say I'm underwhelmed so far. They feel much less assured when cornering and generally sloppy. They also tramline terribly. I find their poor handling characteristics a big surprise given Bridgestone is at the upper end of the market. Not tested on snow/ice yet. Wet grip seems fine, but not noticably better than the Davanti tyres they have replaced.
0 - tyre reviewed on August 31, 2019   
Given 83% while driving a Honda Civic (205/50 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 6,000 average miles
These tyres go hand in hand with the 8th gen Civic. Very precise road feedback and handling. Relatively comfortable with low rolling noise and almost no clunky sounds from potholes. There's no ice where I live, but there might be a couple of snowy days. Nothing much to say for winter conditions, but we seem to get along better than average. The rest of the year is rather cold and rainy, which these tyres handle brilliantly.

I'm guessing these are 1/3 worn by now, which is OK for the car and driving conditions.

Really, this is probably the best tyre I could buy for my car and the climate I live in. Loads better than the Uniroyal RS3 in every way and better in cold rain and snow than the Bridgestone ER300's it came with.
3 - tyre reviewed on August 28, 2019   

See all 27 customer reviews of the Bridgestone Weather Control A005 (newest first) >>

Advertisement