Dunlop SP Sport 2050M

Dry Grip 59%
Wet Grip 41%
Road Feedback 57%
Handling 51%
Wear 44%
Comfort 51%
Buy again 26%

The Dunlop SP Sport 2050M is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Show All

Tyre review data from 17 tyre reviews averaging 47% over 259,662 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Dunlop SP Sport 2050M
Size Fuel Wet Noise Weight
205/60 R16 92H   E E 71  
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Dunlop SP Sport 2050M. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Ask a question

We will never publish or share your email address

capatha

To verify you're human please type the word you see above in the box below.

Top Dunlop SP Sport 2050M Review

Given 51% while driving a Mazda Mazda3 MPS Aero (225/40 R18 W) on a combination of roads for 16 spirited miles
I've had these tyres on my 320 bhp Mazdaspeed MPS (2011) from new and am fairly pleased with them. The set is rotated every 5,000 miles and have experienced twisty fast back roads and extensive motorway driving (no track). They'll need replacing in about 1,000 miles and have covered 16,200 miles to date. However, they are pretty scary in standing water and had me sideways when driving over a hail-covered motorway slip road! Very noisy in everyday use. Will buy Toyo R1-R next.
1 - tyre reviewed on August 7, 2012   

Latest Dunlop SP Sport 2050M Reviews

Have you driven on the Dunlop SP Sport 2050M tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the SP Sport 2050M.

Review Your Tyres >>

Given 76% while driving a Mitsubishi CJ Lance ES (205/60 R16 H) on mostly motorways for 40,000 miles
Alright, so I wrote a previous review about these tires at 45,000 km. After 3.5 years and 65,000km, I've decided to write an updated review.

I loved the feedback and treadware of these tires. After 65,000 km they almost looked like new. The feeling of these tires made you know what was going on with every turn.

Wet grip was good or okay. It was good whenever the temperature was above 10C and ok or poor if it were colder.

At first I thought they were horrible in the rain. Mitsubishi dealership used to inflate my tires at 28 psi. After informing them that they should do it at 32psi as suggested by the manual, everything changed! I was able for the first time ever to go uphill to park my car indoors while it was raining outside. I also didn't loose grip on corners!

I also felt that they had poor curved aquaplaning.

0 - tyre reviewed on August 14, 2018   
Mitsubishi (205/60 R16 H) on a combination of roads for 40,000 easy going miles
Came with my lancer. Horrible tires in wet roads. Handling and road feedback is great. Comfort is poor. Handles well in dry roads. I was never expecting Dunlop to be so horrible in wet. I will not buy Dunlop for a long time to come. Wet grip is unacceptable. I have to admit that the remaining tread is good, but again, I am someone who inflates the tires every 5000km to 32 psi and rotate then every 15000km.
0 - tyre reviewed on January 2, 2018   
These are the best tyres in the world. Watch now!
Given 22% while driving a Mitsubishi Lancer EX 2.0 MIVEC (MAN) (205/60 R16 H) on mostly town for 35 miles
First welcom all iam Mohamed from egypt,I bought my car new on May/15. With the dunlops OEM tires fitted.They Solid like rock that i thought that i had a problem with my car. (ABS braking system like driving a saup). They grip ok in dry and hot weather. But other than that. They are a pure night mare a death trip every time i drive my car in wet surface. Steering is very heavy and lousy. They scream and squeel on every possible surface for no reason. So Noisy as a tractor ican hear them more than my mobile phone. Iam dreaming to replace them ASAP . I used a hankook optimo and toyo before in my old Opel car both of them were perfect. The first time to find a brand like Dunlop with a so bad product like this tyre now i cant trust any brand after using this tyre. Will never buy them again nor recommend them to any body. Hard luck Dunlop
1 - tyre reviewed on June 22, 2017   
Given 34% while driving a Mitsubishi lancer (205/60 R16 H) on mostly town for 27,000 average miles
I bought the car new on jan/15. With the dunlops OEM tires fitted. They grip ok in dry and hot weather. But other than that. They are a pure night mare. Steering is very heavy and lousy. They scream and squeel on every possible surface for no reason. Noisy as a tractor. Feedback is terrible. And finally cracked at 27k miles with tons of tread left. Replaced them with a set of hankook k415 and guess what, now i got a car that i can enjoy . Will never buy them again nor recommend them to any body. Hard luck dunlop
1 - tyre reviewed on December 12, 2016   

See all 16 customer reviews of the Dunlop SP Sport 2050M (newest first) >>

Advertisement