Dunlop SP2000

Dry Grip 78%
Wet Grip 70%
Road Feedback 73%
Handling 62%
Wear 59%
Comfort 62%
Buy again 53%

The Dunlop SP2000 is a Ultra High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Show All

Tyre review data from 14 tyre reviews averaging 65% over 334,532 miles driven.

Sorry, we don't currently have any magazine tyre tests for the Dunlop SP2000
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Dunlop SP2000
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Dunlop SP2000. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Ask a question

We will never publish or share your email address

capatha

To verify you're human please type the word you see above in the box below.

Top Dunlop SP2000 Review

Given 34% while driving a Peugeot 307 (205/55 R16 R) on a combination of roads for 10,000 easy going miles
I wouldn't buy these again particularly due to high road noise and the lack of wet grip. Wear is not great either given they are used very lightly.

Have tried at various tyre pressures and the noise at low speeds is very intrusive regardless. At higher speeds, it only gets worse.

Avoid if possible!
2 - tyre reviewed on April 9, 2012   

Latest Dunlop SP2000 Reviews

Have you driven on the Dunlop SP2000 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the SP2000.

Review Your Tyres >>

Given 91% while driving a Volkswagen Polo 19.TDI Sport (195/50 R15) on mostly town for 0 average miles
It is the saddest news i have heard. Sp 2000 is one of the best tyres i have ever put on my car. That is the best tyres you have ever made. please bring back the tyre.
1 - tyre reviewed on February 28, 2019   
Given 84% while driving a BMW 320d touring (225/50 R16) on a combination of roads for 10 spirited miles
Great tire in the dry and i was quite impressed with it in the wet as well. Fronts have been on for 10,000 miles and are starting to get quite low, rears lasted 8,000miles but this is on a bmw thats gets a hell of a thrashing. Pretty easy to go sideways when tread gets low but otherwise very impressive tires. Great down country roads, stopping distance is remarkable and they never lock up, cornering is very impressive at even at triple figure speeds (i dont live in the uk and only drive fast when i can see the road ahead is clear)
0 - tyre reviewed on January 26, 2014   
These are the best tyres in the world. Watch now!
Given 66% while driving a Toyota Celica GTi (205/55 R15) on a combination of roads for 10,000 spirited miles
Been waiting for these to wear down as they just last so long!
Found a nail in the drivers front and was almost happy with the decision to change all of them!
Nowhere near the performance of other top brand tyres I have used, and I would compare performance of that of a good budget.
Not bad in the dry, giving predictable and consistent break away limits, but straight line high speed stability is below average. Wet performance is ok on the straight, but likes to understeer even at the lowest speeds in the twisties.
I would also say they are quite niosy too.

Doing this review after changing to Continental sport contact2's and the difference is outstanding!
0 - tyre reviewed on August 31, 2013   
Given 59% while driving a Skoda Fabia vRS (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
After only running these tyres on the front of my Fabia vRS for less than 1000 miles I can honestly say that I won't be disappointed if they don't last long. The droning road noise is annoying especially on dual carriage ways and motorways with a smooth surface. I had Nexen’s fitted before which would seem a better buy in hindsight.
0 - tyre reviewed on July 29, 2013   
Given 81% while driving a Toyota Altis (205/55 R16) on mostly motorways for 60,000 average miles
I was previously running on Toyo C1S (recommended for comfort and quiet) and despite of some negative comments, I've decided to give it a try since it's much more cheaper than the Japan made tyres.

Even with an expensive tyres like Toyo, my car was still previous slipping whenever it runs through puddle of water or during wet season.

I am extremely surprised that the SP2000 was really good cutting through water and rarely hydroplane during high speed (above 100km/hour) and no jitter to the steering.

Probably Toyota has better sound insulation and I don't notice extra road noise that's unbearable.

The grip really does feel sportier comparing to softer compound tyres on Toyo and it gives more confident when taking bents on dry and wet terrain.

I have not come to conclude the wear and tear/lifespan of the tyres yet but hopefully with proper maintenance it can last for probably 2 years or so.. which if it is, then it'll be a bang for buck and worth getting again..

The only setback is the looks of it, as it looks a little round on the side profile which seems slightly odd.. but as long as it does it's job, vanity is irrelevant..
0 - tyre reviewed on December 18, 2012   

See all 14 customer reviews of the Dunlop SP2000 (newest first) >>

Advertisement