Hankook Ventus Prime 3 K125

Dry Grip 90%
Wet Grip 86%
Road Feedback 84%
Handling 79%
Wear 82%
Comfort 79%
Buy again 86%

The Hankook Ventus Prime 3 K125 is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

This tyre replaced the Hankook Ventus Prime2

Show All

Tyre review data from 56 tyre reviews averaging 84% over 368,862 miles driven.

Latest Group Test Results

2019 ACE Summer Tyre Test - 6th of 9 tyres

2019 AMS Summer SUV Tyre Test - 4th of 11 tyres

• Positive - Good braking performance, good dry handling.
  • Negative - Average wet performance, sluggish steering reactions.

2019 SUV 4x4 Summer Tyre Test - 2nd of 10 tyres

• Positive - Good dry handling, good wet and dry braking, good off road, best price / performance ratio.
  • Negative - None mentioned.
  • Overall - Exemplary.
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Hankook Ventus Prime 3 K125

Questions and Answers for the Hankook Ventus Prime 3 K125

2016-06-19 - Would these tyres (in 195/55 R16) be a good replacement for the Continental Premium Contact 2 SSR runflats that came with my MINI Cooper Clubman? I would prefer non-runflats. Thank you

The Hankook Ventus Prime3 is a very well rated tyre, and would be a fine replacement for the OE runflat Continentals. You should notice improved comfort, lower fuel use, improved wet grip and less noise, but ensure you have a plan to deal with a deflated tyre as you won't have a spare.

2016-10-07 - I live in Greece and I own a Kia Cee'd (2007). I'm going to replace the 3,5 years old tyres (Goodyear Efficient Grip Performance) but I don't know which ones are better for my car; The Hankook Ventus Prime 3 or the Michelin CrossClimate? I know that the Michelin are more expensive but I'd like to feel safe at all road conditions. Do the Hankooks ensure my driving security at a sudden snowfall? Thank you.

Only the Michelin CrossClimate tyres will work safely in snow and ice. The Goodyear and Hankook tyres are both summer tyres and as such will have very little snow and ice performance.

2018-12-25 - I have a Cayman 2.9 and am looking to run a squared setup of 245/40/18, would these be a good tyre for track and street work on a car with 265hp, or would you recommend another tyre like ps4? Also, would you recommend a square setup that low on the car, as the standard setup for a 18" cayman is 235/40/18 front and 265/40/18 rear.

Sadly I've not used the Prime3 on track, or do I know anything about changing tyre sizes on a Cayman! Perhaps check out an owners club online to see if others have made this change.

2019-08-24 - I have now 4 Michelin primacy 3 tyres on my Opel/Vauxhall Astra K 1.0. What do you recommend for a 1 pair change: Ventus prime 3 of Efficient Grip Performance? Or maybe an s1 evo 3 or a Eagle F1 assymetric 5 pair? I will start with 1 pair change beacause the profile of the other pair is still good. Thanks

The Ventus Prime 3 and Efficient Grip Performance are a more natural match for the Primacy 3, however if you want to switch to a more sporty tyre that's ok as long as it's done in pairs.

2019-10-05 - If you can choose between the Hankook Ventus Prime 3 or the Goodyear Efficient Grip Performance, what would you choose for a dynamic (but not speeding) drivestyle?

I'm afraid I've not driven the two back to back, so I'd be shooting in the dark. Some of the tests on the site should comment on the subjective handling of each tyre.

Ask a question

We will never publish or share your email address

capatha

To verify you're human please type the word you see above in the box below.

Size Price Range  
195/65 R15 £39.60 - £68.65 (33 Prices) Compare Prices >>
205/55 R16 £43.60 - £66.74 (78 Prices) Compare Prices >>
225/45 R17 £58.70 - £82.22 (30 Prices) Compare Prices >>
235/45 R17 £66.90 - £97.90 (22 Prices) Compare Prices >>
Available in 55 tyre sizes - View all.

Top Hankook Ventus Prime 3 K125 Review

Given 77% while driving a Ford Ford Focus MK2 1.8 TDCi (205/55 R16 V) on a combination of roads for 4,000 spirited miles
Have been driving Hankook Ventus Prime 3 on all four corners for more than 4 000 miles now and I suppose I can say a couple of things about them. Got them new ,replacing Michelin Primacy 3 which were already with 30 000 miles under thei belt and were showing signs of wear and slipping while breaking on wet.
Internet advertising on the part of the seller was what brought me onto Hankook. Mainly their price. It was 52 euros per tire.Hawing a previously bad experience with an expensive winter Continental TS 850 I decided to try the budget end of the spectrum.
I was not wrong. It is a good tire allround. Bearing in mind that a 4000 miles is not a long mileage to be assertive in claiming something . The wear of the tires is even on all tires and it is not significant , just as you would expect for more than 4 000 miles .
The only thing tha is obvious and you can hear it now is NOISE. It started being noticeable just after 2500k but it si becoming an issue.If you are used to less noise on a good street,you start to notice it regularly. Thusfar it is the only negative thing to report about the Hankook Ventus Prime 3.
I will update this review as the miles go on and I have more on the quality of the tires. tires
434 - tyre reviewed on September 12, 2016   

Latest Hankook Ventus Prime 3 K125 Reviews

Have you driven on the Hankook Ventus Prime 3 K125 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the Ventus Prime 3 K125.

Review Your Tyres >>

Given 74% while driving a Ford Fiesta mk7 (195/50 R15) on mostly town for 10,000 average miles
All around good tire. Had them for two summer seasons on Ford Fiesta. On wet, depending on asphalt surface it can struggle for grip at take off, slippage occurs...
1 - tyre reviewed on November 11, 2019   
Given 76% while driving a Volvo 240 estate (195/65 R16 H) on mostly motorways for 10,000 easy going miles
I have reviewed this tyre (HVP3) before in comparison to the ContiPremiumContact 5 (CPC5) which I have on the other axle. I swapped them around a few times and kept notes (click on make and model car for my other reviews as this one is only on wear).

The 240 estate with an understressed 111 bhh engine isn't going to wear rubber in a hurry. I already wrote that the HVP3 isn't the best tyre when it comes to treadlife, but now I found something peculiar.
The HVP3 wears noticeably quicker on the rear axle than on the front. This would seem logical for a RWD car, but the CPC5 shows almost no difference between the two axles.

If this difference between front and rear wear remains the same throughout the life of the HVP3, it would actually be a worse tyre than the aleady infamous CPC5 (when it comes to treadlife, that is).

Even though this is a great tyre grip and comfort wise, mile munchers may be better off with another tyre.
1 - tyre reviewed on November 1, 2019   
Are cheap winter tyres safe, or a false economy? Watch this video to find out!
Given 93% while driving a Volkswagen T Roc (215/55 R17) on a combination of roads for 2,500 spirited miles
Have get these tires with my new TROC, it was fitted on VW factory, well, it is comfortable, very quiet, strong, was waiting a little bit more from wet drip, but it is not sport car or hot hatch, so grip is enough in all the disciplines! Can recommend for sure!
2 - tyre reviewed on October 16, 2019   
Given 89% while driving a Ford Fusion 1.4 TDci (195/60 R15) on mostly town for 3,000 average miles
I use these on an old Ford Fusion diesel (every day) that had Firestones and Continentals. The car has a harder ride and these tyre a absolutely perfect for it. They flex, and give a softer but controlled ride, but with a grip that's much better than anything I've had before. Basically I love these tyres. It's a noisy car so I really don't know about their road noise.
4 - tyre reviewed on September 20, 2019   

See all 49 customer reviews of the Hankook Ventus Prime 3 K125 (newest first) >>