Sunew YS618

Dry Grip 61%
Wet Grip 36%
Road Feedback 47%
Handling 45%
Wear 53%
Comfort 49%
Buy again 33%

The Sunew YS618 is a High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Car

Show All

Tyre review data from 55 tyre reviews averaging 46% over 413,762 miles driven.

Latest Group Test Results

2014 Auto Bild 50 Summer Tyre Shootout - 47th of 50 tyres

2013 Auto Bild Performance Summer Tyre Test - 7th of 8 tyres

• Positive - Quiet road noise, low rolling resistance
  • Negative - Strong understeering driving behavior, dangerously long braking distances in wet, moderate ride comfort
Sorry, we don't currently have any label data for the Sunew YS618
Sorry, we don't currently have any questions and answers for the Sunew YS618. Why not submit a question to our tyre experts using the form below!

Ask a question

We will never publish or share your email address

capatha

To verify you're human please type the word you see above in the box below.

Top Sunew YS618 Review

Given 49% while driving a Vauxhall 2.0 CDi (225/50 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 5,000 average miles
Brought car 4 months ago from networkQ tyres have lots of tread but ride is a tad firm but road feedback is ok but they are quite noisey on the motorway.Will look at tyre reviews site when I change tyres again.
20 - tyre reviewed on August 23, 2016   

Latest Sunew YS618 Reviews

Have you driven on the Sunew YS618 tyre?

Please help millions of other drivers make an informed tyre choice and pick the correct tyres for their car by submitting your review of the YS618.

Review Your Tyres >>

Given 39% while driving a Ford Mondeo estate (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 1,000 average miles
Supplied as new during MOT failure but just discovered were already 2 years old when fitted. Outside walls cracked after 1000 miles and 1 year but passed the MOT in 2 stations. Car has been SORN for eight years now they are 10 years old still hold air and support the car but they look very deeply cracked falling apart like I image a re-mold/re-tread might. I would never buy again. Replaced with part worn trusted well known brands as I always do when given the choice for low mileage use.
Always check the tyre date code when you buy a tyre, check it for bulges and side wall damage. Never rely on a retail chain to fit you a good choice of tyre, do some research.
0 - tyre reviewed on December 10, 2019   
Given 24% while driving a Citroën DS5 2.0 Hdi (225/50 R17 R) on mostly town for 6,000 average miles
Garbage! Don’t hold a seal, so have to pump tyres up constantly. Wear is shocking. New to used in less than 6 months, average mileage a week. Handling is poor, makes car feel like a boat. Never again!!
0 - tyre reviewed on May 31, 2019   
Are cheap winter tyres safe, or a false economy? Watch this video to find out!
Given 30% while driving a Renault Megane R26 (225/45 R17) on mostly country roads for 0 easy going miles
Had two of these tyres on the front, nearly binned it going round a roundabout at 15mph. Safe to say I'm buying new tyres ASAP. Do not buy.
0 - tyre reviewed on July 30, 2018   
Given 74% while driving a Renault Megane (205/50 R17 W) on a combination of roads for 7,000 miles
Really good tyres from my experience, have had them for a year now and have done about 7000 miles on a mixture of roads, Still have plenty of tread left. Came from Goodyear tyres and struggled to notice the difference. Would definitely buy again and recommend.
0 - tyre reviewed on September 30, 2017   
Given 54% while driving a Mercedes Benz C220 CDI Blue Eff. auto (225/45 R17) on a combination of roads for 11,000 average miles
Tyres were fitted on rear of car when I bought it from a Mercedes dealership. Have driven 11,000 miles on them since February 2017 across all sorts of roads from single track country lanes to motorway. No noticeable problems in the dry and the tread on the tyres is still great. However, in the wet they give no confidence at all with the rear end sliding around when going around a roundabout in particular. Although there seems to be many miles left on them, they are being changed for Continentals tomorrow as I'd rather stay alive! Quote from a private tyre fitting firm I've dealt with for 15 years - 'I wouldn't fit them to a wheelbarrow'. And that was before I told him about the sliding!
2 - tyre reviewed on July 25, 2017   

See all 54 customer reviews of the Sunew YS618 (newest first) >>