while driving a
(195/60 R15 V) on
mostly country roads
Good in the winter but for me the compromise in the summer is too great.
After 2 years of driving on these tyres, I can summarise my findings:
- On cold to average temperature roads, excellent braking and cornering performance, progressive and predicable at the limits.
- Cold and wet weather braking ability is huge, delivers some very stable and satisfying stopping power.
- They seem to last just as long, if not longer, than my previous Hankook summer tyres. Which I was surprised by, since I thought they would wear in the hot weather.
- Hissing noise on wet roads is very noticeable in the cabin.
- On very hot roads (e.g. after a few days of 25 degrees C+) these tyres lose significant cornering performance. Braking is still strong, but cornering on hot roads quickly descends into squeals of understeer. I found this was much worse on my second summer of driving after the tyre was half worn out.