Audi A4 Avant S Line (143) Tyres

Drive a Audi A4 Avant S Line (143)? Why not add your own tyre review and help other owners pick the right tyre!

The following tyres have been reviewed on the Audi A4 Avant S Line (143)
Michelin Pilot Sport 3 PS3 (271) 90% 88% 85% 84% 74% 83% 80% 84% 3,626,734
Matador MP 46 Hectorra 2 (56) 88% 83% 80% 76% 86% 85% 85% 83% 526,200
Bridgestone Potenza RE050A (201) 83% 70% 74% 72% 66% 59% 58% 69% 3,381,628
Pirelli PZero Rosso (108) 81% 66% 70% 68% 59% 62% 54% 66% 1,298,806
Sailun Atrezzo Z4 AS (47) 74% 68% 62% 62% 65% 55% 54% 63% 379,781
Landsail LS988 (36) 75% 51% 58% 53% 71% 66% 52% 61% 175,032
Sunny SN3970 (44) 71% 49% 55% 54% 65% 55% 46% 56% 492,725

Audi A4 Avant S Line (143) Tyre Review Highlights

Writing about the Landsail LS988 given 87% (225-45-17-)
Driving on mostly motorways for 12500 average miles
Purchased 4 LS988's for Audi A4 back in August after they we're recommended to me by my local garage.

At the time I had never heard of Landsail, but after doing some research online managed to find quite a lot of info.

After almost 6 months of driving them through the winter, the handling and grip has been better than the Conti's they replaced. Really pleased with the wear (or lack of) too.

Would certainly buy again next time.
tyre reviewed on 2015-02-10 14:01:55
Writing about the Sunny SN3970 given 80% (225-35-18-W)
Driving on a combination of roads for 5000 average miles
Got these fitted to the fronts at the moment, and I don't have a bad thing to say about them. They have been on about 6 months / 4500 miles, and I drive 60% town and 40% motorway. Too early to comment on wear yet, but when first fitted, they seemed noticeably quieter than the Michelin pilot sport, and I don't detect any lack of performance, at normal driving styles.
I'll have no hesitation fitting these to the rear, when needed. Couldn't buy them at a local tyre fitter, so they were ebayed with free delivery from Ireland, then fitted locally for about £15 / tire. These tyres offer outstanding value, just a shame we can't make them in the UK!
tyre reviewed on 2013-03-20 14:15:48
Writing about the Sailun Atrezzo Z4 AS given 80% (225-45-17-)
Driving on a combination of roads for 16000 average miles
Driven these for 16k miles on the front and they are now finished.I previously had continentals at £230 each and got 18k out of them so these certainly lasted and at the price I cannot fault them. In my opinion every bit as good all round and in fact I would say quieter than the continentals. Looking around for replacement but I may just buy these again.
tyre reviewed on 2014-07-15 13:51:52
Writing about the Matador MP 46 Hectorra 2 given 77% (245-40-18-W)
Driving on mostly country roads for 26000 average miles
No comments left
tyre reviewed on 2015-01-02 23:55:30
Writing about the Bridgestone Potenza RE050A given 76% (245-40-18-W)
Driving on mostly motorways for 28100 average miles
These tyres were fitted on my car from new. The fronts have just been replaced, covering 28100 miles (FWD). The rears still have 3-4mm left on them, but are wearing on the edges.

This mileage was done 90% on Motorways, with the other 10% driven quite enthusiastically on A roads.

These tyres were great, but road noise increased a lot for the last few months.

Grip is great in the dry, but wheel spin is a problem in damp/wet weather when setting off from junctions, never had a problem with aquaplaning even in the worst of weather. Absoloutely no grip in the snow!

Now trying Conti Sport contact 3.
tyre reviewed on 2010-11-21 12:28:39
Writing about the Michelin Pilot Sport 3 PS3 given 66% (245-40-18-)
Driving on mostly motorways for 14000 average miles
Replaced with PS3s to match the existing ones after changing the car. At first very pleased with the reduction in road noise and handling both in wet and dry conditions.
I drive mostly motorway journeys both here and on the continent easily with a view to my fuel consumption.
As the tyres have worn, the road noise has increased, but the grip seems to have stayed.
I've now done 14k with these tyres and the fronts need changing again, the rears don't seem to have worn very much at all.
I won't be replacing with PS3s but looking for something that wears better.
tyre reviewed on 2013-12-31 08:40:11
Writing about the Pirelli PZero Rosso given 41% (265-45-19-)
Driving on mostly town for 14000 spirited miles
Awful tyres. I had these on from OEM audi and they lasted 14,000 before I had to change. After 5,000 the road noise was awful, traction appalling and unbearably stiff. Made my sline a4 squeak and feel like a plank. DO NOT BUY THESE TYRES. Also these are terrible in the wet with less than 5mm on....
tyre reviewed on 2013-05-14 22:03:31
Drive this car? Why not add your own tyre review and help other owners pick the right tyre